Dear Honeys on the Hill,
I have a new campus crush, and I have gone into this year with new confidence! I want to ask him on a date, but the problem is that my friends ruined my last campus crush by making our caf date really awkward. What are some other nice places to go on a date and get to know someone without making it seem like a ‘Netflix and Chill’?
Caf Date Cynic
Dear Caf Date Cynic,
New school year, new campus crush, am I right? We know the feeling of hating caf dates – it’s hard to walk through the caf and not worry everyone thinks your next step is down the wedding aisle. We have compiled a list of cute date ideas to get to know someone without the pressure of the entire campus knowing.
1. Go for a walk in the Carleton Arboretum or the Natural Lands. Big Ole won’t tell.
2. Go on a study date at Goodbye Blue Monday or Little Joy Coffee, a new shop on Division Street.
3. Wander the aisles of Target.
4. “Study” in the Link between CAD and HOM – explore the art in CAD while you’re at it.
5. Explore the greenhouse on the fourth floor of Regents.
6. Hide out in a booth at Hogan Bros.
7. Look at the art displayed in the Flaten Art Museum in CAD.
8. Check out Red Barn Farm – bring a picnic or buy a pizza.
9. Go see a movie in Viking Theater (at 5:00, 7:30, or 10:00 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays).
10. Get a cookie and ice cream from the Pause and go stargazing on Old Main Hill.
Best of luck, have fun, and remember: keep being honest and trust your gut.
Honeys on the Hill
Having trouble navigating the St. Olaf dating scene? E-mail your questions to email@example.com and maybe one of our love columnists will answer them in next week’s issue. All submitted questions will remain anonymous.